full screen background image

Two hospitalised in Kersal high-rise fire

A man and a woman were taken to hospital suffering smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in a high-rise tower block in Kersal, Salford.

Fire crews were called to a seventh-floor flat on Kersal Way, off South Radford Street, at 6.14am this morning, Tuesday 4 August.

The blaze is thought to have started in the kitchen of the property.

Four fire engines from Broughton, Agecroft, Salford and Manchester Central attended the tower block fire.

Firefighters wearing breathing appartaus used hose reels to douse the fire and bring it under control before clearing smoke with a positive pressure ventilation fan.

The man and woman were treated at the scene of the Kersal high rise fire by North West Ambulance Service paramedics before being taken to hospital.

The woman “self-rescued” before crews arrived, Greater Manchester Fire confirmed.

Neither of their injuries are thought to be life-threatening.

Facebook Comments

Tom is SalfordOnline.com's News Editor and community co-ordinator.