full screen background image

Fire crews tackle serious blaze at Clifton home

Fire crews are still on the scene of a serious house fire in Billy Lane, Clifton, Salford.

When firefighters arrived at the scene, the occupants of the house, reportedly an elderly woman and her pet dog, had already evacuated the property.

The blaze is thought to have broken out at around 11.30am this morning, Tuesday 2 August.

Dramatic pictures from the scene show smoke billowing out of the first floor with windows blackened by smoke.

No ambulances were called as satisfactory medial checks were made at the scene.

The fire crews from Farnworth, Agecroft and Whitefield also carried out checks on surrounding properties for safety purposes.

Billy Lane was partially closed to traffic.

The woman and her dog are thought to be the only occupants in the house when the fire broke out.

National Grid are on the scene checking for potential gas leaks, this is done as a routine precaution.

A spokesperson from National Grid said to Salfordonline.com:”We have cut off the gas supply to that property from the outside as we are unable to gain entrance to the house.

“Gas readings indicate there has been no gas escapes and no other properties have been affected.”

No one else is reported injured.

Greater Manchester Fire have been contacted for comment.

Image by Kel Cox

Facebook Comments